is a new volcano-oriented Geographic Information System for multidisciplinary volcano analysis.
It offers the possibility to analyze, model and visualise different volcano-related available data in a user-friendly high-resolution visualisation environment.
Someone once asked me: "Why are you developing another Geographic Information System when others softwares are available?"
- It is open source;
- It lets you analise, model and visualise all in one;
- It works in a real 3D environment;
- It can make 4D analysis and
- It is volcano oriented.
At this stage VolGIS is developed in Processing but I am thinking of something that would work better with both a GPU processing as well as a Web-GIS application.
The last version is the 2.5, presented at Cities on Volcanoes 10 in Naples, Italy.
The features already available are:
- Grid Subdivision
- Earthquakes visualisation
- Density analysis
- Overlap maps
- Crop box for detail analysis
- The possibility to add "sub-cubes" to analyse specif volume;
- 4D analysis.
Last update: 27-10-2018
- Global extent (basic function automatically extended to all volcanoes);
- Upload shapefile (*.shp) module.
The code is not published yet because I am preparing the relative paper.
This demo version is developed using Mt.Etna as a model.